Here’s what I’m looking for from you & NOT looking:
You must be a very organized person: you’ll be getting different tasks thrown onto your lap, and you must be able to make sure everything gets completed, and prioritize. The right person will make sure that things don’t fall through the cracks.
My coach Dan Sullivan said he basically divides everyone into one of two categories:
1) Those that have their own energy source (those with batteries)
2) Those that are dependent on others for their energy (those without batteries)
Some may not like it, but based on his decades (40 years) working in both entrepreneurial and corporate settings, I’d say he’s metaphor is spot-on.
You probably know what that’s like. Almost every work environment has a couple (or more) people who drain the team members around them. Not my company.
I am willing to help people without batteries, but I am not willing to hire them. I don’t have time, or energy to deal with people without batteries.
I want everyone in my organization to have their own super-charged-long-lasting battery pack.
If they don’t, they just deplete everyone else. And I fire them. I let them go. I kick them off my company. In last 5 years I’ve done that 5 times ONLY.
I want my people working to grow my business and reach their potential—not wasting energy making up for someone’s character deficit
Personally I work long hours, and I need someone close by for most of that time who can help implement my ideas.
What You Will Be Doing
- Grow our email list organically, not through bought or rented lists.
- Manage various email campaigns, including the template designs, calls-to-action, and content used in our email sends.
- Segment lists based on behaviors like past email engagement and website interactions (content downloads, site page visits, etc.).
- Measure results and optimize the lead nurturing workflows for these segments to convert leads into customers.
- Work to minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing the productivity of our email sends.
- Develop documentation and road maps for processes, A/B tests, and promotions that succeed through email.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience.
- Past experience with email marketing, lead nurturing, marketing automation, and web analytics.
- Excellent understanding of email marketing concepts and metrics such as Sender Score, deliverability, and sender reputation
- Proficiency in email marketing and marketing automation technology.
- Highly analytical and able to derive meaning from data through A/B testing and email optimization.
- Excellent writer and communicator (in both the written and verbal form).
1. Intermediate knowledge of internet marketing, tracking, conversions, sales funnels, sales copy, upsells etc.
2. Intermediate knowledge of some of the tools we use… like WordPress, OptimizePress, auto responders, etc.
Optional Skills (Not required, but a plus)
- Basic HTML / coding ability
- A great eye for design
I would also greatly prefer someone who’s already a client or affiliate, who’s familiar with our business model. Also, working with me personally you should know: I tend to be quite direct and blunt – as I like to see things completed to a certain standard. It’s important that you can take constructive criticism well.
Compensation and Getting Paid:
This will depend largely on your skill level, and how valuable you are in this role. For the right person, compensation could be significant. For the wrong person, well, you won’t be on my team.
If you’re starting out with fewer skills and learning as you go, compensation is going to be lower. We’ll be able to work out something fair. I like to give amazing, generous bonuses.
The right person for this role will also deeply value the learning experience. This is the kind of role where you’ll really develop your marketing skills and talents, and then be able to use them later in life to build your own company.
My goal is if you qualify, and are the right person to work for me, you WILL make more money with me than you’ve ever made in your life working for anyone else.
You will learn more than you’ve ever thought possible. You’ll become part of my family.
Final Thoughts On The Role:
Think of this as an opportunity to take yourself to the NEXT level.
There is absolutely no substitute for this from a learning experience (in 2010 when I had little business results, I was given this opportunity by million dollar marketer, a much more experienced marketer, and it changed my life – Millionaire Mentorship changed my life).
I’m not everyone’s cup of tea, actually I’m a challenging person to work for, to work with, so you’ll need EXTRA thick skin.
You’ll be required, expected to work your ass off. Long days. Long nights. The whole shebang.
I have very little room in my life for negative, energy draining people. I hire slowly and will let people go fast, if I think that they don’t “have it”.
You’ll become part of my family and my family is awesome.
How To Apply For This Position:
If you’re interested in the position, please make a video and tell me why you’d be a great fit for the role. Feel free to be as creative as possible in your video (eg. you might go show me some of your marketing).
Tell me about your experience, your biggest strengths, and why you want to be a part of our team.
Please keep it under 5 minutes. We will only review applications that have a video (and I personally watch every single one of them)